- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
March 11-12, 2020 | Mary M Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
DSI’s 8th Annual Unmanned Systems and Robotics Summit brings together members of the DoD and Industry for an open dialogue about the various challenges and opportunities that exist in developing and employing unmanned systems across the military. This educational forum will provide US military commands, government agencies, academia, and industry leaders the chance to more effectively and efficiently pursue opportunities to shape the future of unmanned systems and robotics across the DoD.
2020 Confirmed Speakers:
- VADM James Kilby
- Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Warfighting Requirements and Capabilities
- BGen Benjamin Watson, USMC
- Commanding General
- Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory
- Col Joseph “Scott” Anderson, USA
- Program Manager, Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- PEO Aviation
- COL Michael Burns, USA
- Director of Aviation Platforms, Requirements Determination Directorate
- US Army Futures Command
- Stuart Hatfield
- Chief, Robotics Branch
- HQDA G-8
- Dr. Chol-Bum “Mike” Kweon
- Program Manager
- Versatile Tactical Power and Propulsion, ERP, CCDC Army Research Laboratory
Why You Should Attend this Summit
- DSI’s 8th Unmanned Systems Summit will emphasize the growing need to further develop our unmanned systems capabilities and will focus on the technological and policy changes required for this development. As we enter the emerging era of Great Power Competition, our military will be increasingly challenged by our peer adversaries, who are developing their own UxS capabilities. In order to maintain our technological and military advantage and dominate on the future battlefield, the US Military must continue to develop robust, cutting-edge UxS capabilities.
The 2020 Unmanned Systems Summit will convene speakers from across the services and Federal Government to discuss the emerging technological advancements, standards, and technical requirements needed to overcome the challenges affecting the US Military’s ability to capitalize on the expanding role of unmanned systems within contested and denied environments.
- DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summits’ content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in unmanned systems technology as well as key-policy makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Topics to be Covered at the Summit:
- – Accelerating the US Navy’s Acquisition and Deployment of Unmanned Systems
- – Leveraging UxS Capabilities in Support of the Marine Air-Ground Task Force
- – Shaping the Future of Robotics Across the Department of the Army
- – Leveraging Remotely Piloted Systems to Fly, Fight, and Win in Multi Domain Operations
- – Improving the Range and Stealth of Unmanned Systems
- – Improving Multi-Domain Survivability for the Army’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- – Advancing Power and Propulsion Technologies to Improve the Reach and Lethality of Future UxS
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the Civil & DoD CBRN community.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies related to Chemical, Biological, Nuclear and Radiological Defense.
- Impact: Help foster ideas. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Our town hall format is your opportunity to address our speakers with questions or comments on the current mission.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
- The 8th Annual Unmanned Systems and Robotics Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus here.
- Download the Exhibit and Sponsorship Prospectus
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external medical initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
*Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*