- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
March 13-14, 2019 | Mary M Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
DSI’s 7th Annual DoD Unmanned Systems Summit directly supports DoD/Federal Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
2019 Confirmed Speakers:
- BG David J. Francis, Director of Army Aviation Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-3/5/7 DAMO-AV
- BGen James Adams, Director, Capabilities Development Directorate; Combat Development & Integration, United States Marine Corps
- BG John Ulrich, Director, Force Development, G-8, United States Army
- Brig Gen Lance Landrum, Deputy Director for Requirements and Capability Development, Joint Staff J-8, USAF
- Dr. Reid Melville, Strategy Lead for Unmanned Systems, AFRL
- Dr. Alexander Kott, Chief Scientist, Army Research Lab
At our Summit You Will Have the Ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior-level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing communications and networking leaders.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Participating Organizations at Last Year’s Summit:
AeroVironment, Inc.; AFRL, Airbus Defense and Space Inc., ARMY CERDEC, Bipartisan Policy Center, Boeing, Booz Allen Hamilton, British Embassy, Charles River Analytics, Composite Engineering, DON CIO, Drytech, Inc, FAA, General Dynamics Mission Systems, Georgia Tech Research Institute, HQ USMC, C4, Insitu, Jet Propulsion Lab, NASA, Joint Air Defense Operations Center, Joint Staff J-7, Kutta Technologies, L3 Communications, LMCO, Lockheed Martin Corporation, MAG DS CORP., MIT, MuleSoft, N2/N6 ISR Air Capabilities, National Air and Space Museum, NAVAIR, Naval Research Laboratory, New Jersey Innovation Institute, Neya Systems, LLC, NGA, NOAA, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, NRL, NSA, ODNI, Office of Aviation Services, USCG, OPNAV N2/N6, OPNAV N2/N6/F23, OPNAV N2N6F22, OUSD (I), OUSD AT&L, PAE ISR, Parsons Corporation, PMA-268 Unmanned Carrier Aviation, NAVAIR, Q Global Strategies, Ramona Research, Inc., Raytheon, Rockwell Collins, SAIC, Strategic Systems Programs, U.S. Navy, System Studies and Simulation, Inc., Textron Systems, The Aerospace Corporation, The Johns Hopkins University APL, TSC, US Navy
Topics to be Covered at the 2019 Symposium:
– Developing unmanned systems to defeat near peer threats in future fights
– Challenges faced integrating unmanned systems across the force
– Reducing soldier workload through human-machine teaming
– Improving Unmanned system interoperability
– Developments in unmanned swarm research
– Weaponizing UxS air and ground systems
– Delivering Naval dominance through unmanned capabilities
– Efforts to integrate UxS’ into the National Airspace
Why You Should Attend
- This educational summit will bring together senior DoD officials, military leaders, academia, and solution providers to enhance the interoperability and tactical capabilities of UxS across the services.
- DSI’s 2019 Unmanned Systems for DoD will emphasize the increased need to develop UxS technology as the national defense focus shifts from counterinsurgency back to a great power fight. As potential enemies increase their unmanned capabilities, the United States will have to develop systems of their own. These systems will have to increase warfighter functions and provide commanders with unmatched capabilities. This summit will feature the growing role of UxSs in our country’s military and focus particularly on the needs of the various services to dominate on the future battlefield.
- This summit will feature senior-level discussions that emphasize the critical need for common controllers and interoperability to further enhance the effectiveness and accuracy of UxS across the services. This program will allow for open and honest dialogue to solve the nation’s most difficult technical and strategic challenges while bridging the UxS capability gap among the services.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
- DSI’s summit directly supports DoD, IC, DHS, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
Sponsorship and Exhibit Information
- The 2019 DoD Unmanned Systems Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.