- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
6th DoD UNMANNED SYSTEMS SUMMIT
“Integrating Unmanned and Autonomous Capabilities in Support of the Future Force”
March 14-15, 2018 | Mary M Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
The 6th Annual DoD Unmanned Systems Summit encourages members of the DoD, US Government Military Services, and critical organizations to come together to discuss the significance of UxS across multi-domains. Due to the effectiveness and practicality of UxS, particularly in contested environments, our military is able to successfully fight and win. This program will facilitate discussion surrounding near-term initiatives of UxS and capabilities focused on enhancing interoperability amongst systems to ensure mission success.
2018 Confirmed Speakers:
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information
- BGen Frank Kelley, USMC (Ret), Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy-Unmanned Systems
- RADM Jim Kilby, USN, Director of Warfare Integration, OPNAV N9I
- Dale Ormond, Principal Director for Research, ASD (R&E), USD
- Bryan McVeigh, Project Manager, Force Projection, PEO CS & CSS
- Col Houston Cantwell, USAF, Commander 49th Wing, Holloman AFB ACC
- Jean-Charles Lede, Program Manager, DARPA
- This educational Summit will bring together senior DoD officials, military leaders, academia, and solution providers to enhance the interoperability and tactical capabilities of UxS across the services.
- The objective of this year’s Summit is to emphasize the increased need for long-range and high-endurance UxS to further strengthen the military’s posture. This year will also highlight the reliability and effectiveness of UxS operating within contested and unique environments.
- This summit will feature senior level discussions that emphasize the critical need for common controllers and interoperability to further enhance the effectiveness and accuracy of UxS across the services. This program will allow for open and honest dialogue to solve the nation’s most difficult technical and strategic challenges while bridging the UxS capability gap among the services.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information
- The 2018 DoD Unmanned Systems Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here.
Topics to be Covered at the 2018 Summit
- -Development and progress towards affordable, survivable, long range, strike weapons with multi-platform launch capability in multi-domains
- -Efforts to innovate and partner with industry to develop sensors for small UxS
- -Challenges and next steps to ensure the US Military remains competitive with the latest UxS capabilities
- -Understanding the functions and limitations of the Close-in Covert Autonomous Disposable aircraft (CICADA)
- -Developments concerning common platforms to facilitate the use of various platform payloads for current and future missions
- -Efforts to partner with industry to achieve an operational weapon system for targets in highly contested
At our Summit You Will Have the Ability to
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing communications and networking leaders.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, IC, DHS, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
Participating Organizations at Last Year’s Summit
AeroVironment, Inc.; AFRL, Airbus Defense and Space Inc., ARMY CERDEC, Bipartisan Policy Center, Boeing, Booz Allen Hamilton, British Embassy, Charles River Analytics, Composite Engineering, DON CIO, Drytech, Inc, FAA, General Dynamics Mission Systems, Georgia Tech Research Institute, HQ USMC, C4, Insitu, Jet Propulsion Lab, NASA, Joint Air Defense Operations Center, Joint Staff J-7, Kutta Technologies, L3 Communications, LMCO, Lockheed Martin Corporation, MAG DS CORP., MIT, MuleSoft, N2/N6 ISR Air Capabilities, National Air and Space Museum, NAVAIR, Naval Research Laboratory, New Jersey Innovation Institute, Neya Systems, LLC, NGA, NOAA, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, NRL, NSA, ODNI, Office of Aviation Services, USCG, OPNAV N2/N6, OPNAV N2/N6/F23, OPNAV N2N6F22, OUSD (I), OUSD AT&L, PAE ISR, Parsons Corporation, PMA-268 Unmanned Carrier Aviation, NAVAIR, Q Global Strategies, Ramona Research, Inc., Raytheon, Rockwell Collins, SAIC, Strategic Systems Programs, U.S. Navy, System Studies and Simulation, Inc., Textron Systems, The Aerospace Corporation, The Johns Hopkins University APL, TSC, US Navy
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.