- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
5th DoD UNMANNED SYSTEMS SUMMIT
“Advancing Unmanned Systems Capabilities in Multi-Domain Environments”
March 7-8, 2017 | AUSA Conference Center, Arlington VA
DSI’s DoD Unmanned Systems Summit is designed as an educational and training “Town Hall” forum, where thought leaders and key policy-makers across military and civilian organizations can come together for actionable discussions and debate. The Summit will offer a full spectrum viewpoint towards air/land/sea systems.
Senior Level Confirmed Speakers Include:
- BGen (Ret.) Frank Kelley, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (DASN) for Unmanned Systems Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (RD&A)
- RADM Mark Darrah, USN, Program Executive Officer, PEO Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons
- Gen Julian D. Alford, USMC, Vice Chief of Naval Research & Commander, Marine Corps Warfighting Lab
- Michael Novak, SES, Acting Director, Unmanned Warfare Systems (OPNAV N99)
- Bob Sadowski, SES, Robotics Senior Research Scientist, Research, Technology and Integration Directorate, TARDEC
- Bryan McVeigh, Project Manager, Force Projection, PEO Combat Support & Combat Service Support
- Bindu Nair, Assistant Director, Human Performance, Training and Biosystems, ASD (R&E)
Military Services and Operational Commands continuously look to unmanned systems in order to expand capabilities and maximize the success of operations across multi-domain environments. Accordingly, leaders within the US Military, Federal Government, industry, and academia are continuously tasked with providing the innovative strategies, concepts, and technologies needed to rapidly solve many of the current and foreseeable future challenges
From policy and procedures to requirements and technical capabilities, expanding the capabilities and strategic benefits of unmanned systems is not just about solving the near term challenges, but thinking beyond the abilities of today, to how and where these systems can be used in the fight for tomorrow.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Opportunities:
This Summit offers several distinct opportunities for a few organizations to demonstrate their technologies or solutions that address the Summit subject matter, or to partake in a thought leadership role. If you are an organization that would like to learn more about how you can be involved, please visit us at: Sponsors and Supporters Page
Participating Organizations at Last Year’s Summit
AeroVironment, Inc.; AFRL, Airbus Defense and Space Inc., ARMY CERDEC, Bipartisan Policy Center, Boeing, Booz Allen Hamilton, British Embassy, Charles River Analytics, Composite Engineering, DON CIO, Drytech, Inc, FAA, General Dynamics Mission Systems, Georgia Tech Research Institute, HQ USMC, C4, Insitu, Jet Propulsion Lab, NASA, Joint Air Defense Operations Center, Joint Staff J-7, Kutta Technologies, L3 Communications, LMCO, Lockheed Martin Corporation, MAG DS CORP., MIT, MuleSoft, N2/N6 ISR Air Capabilities, National Air and Space Museum, NAVAIR, Naval Research Laboratory, New Jersey Innovation Institute, Neya Systems, LLC, NGA, NOAA, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, NRL, NSA, ODNI, Office of Aviation Services, USCG, OPNAV N2/N6, OPNAV N2/N6/F23, OPNAV N2N6F22, OUSD (I), OUSD AT&L, PAE ISR, Parsons Corporation, PMA-268 Unmanned Carrier Aviation, NAVAIR, Q Global Strategies, Ramona Research, Inc., Raytheon, Rockwell Collins, SAIC, Strategic Systems Programs, U.S. Navy, System Studies and Simulation, Inc., Textron Systems, The Aerospace Corporation, The Johns Hopkins University APL, TSC, US Navy
2017 Summit Topics Include
- Current strategies to increase the interoperability of unmanned systems across multi-domain environments
- Status of current research in autonomous and swarming capabilities
- Enhancing Warfighter capabilities through multifunctional microsystems
- Key focus areas for the DoD’s Unmanned Systems Roadmap and Army’s RAS strategy
- Addressing frequency and bandwidth availability, link security, link ranges, and network infrastructure
- Efforts to improve on-board data processing
- Near-term strategies to ensure that unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) have routine access to the National Air Space (NAS) needed for operations
- Leveraging manned-unmanned teaming (MUM-T) operations to obtain a decisive competitive advantage in the combat environment
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
– Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the implementation of unmanned systems technologies.
– Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover new advances in unmanned systems in support of US Military operations.
– Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, Military Services and federal priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
This Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
2017 SPONSORS & EXHIBITORS
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.